Patricia Lee Lewis, who will act as moderator of the panel on Small Presses this year, returned recently from southern Africa where she led a two-week writing and yoga retreat in Zimbabwe. The photograph shown here of a Matapos Hills cave drawing that is 6,000 years old was taken by Patricia. A local guide shades the image of a woman with his hand so that it can be seen better. Read about Patricia’s travels and see more photographs.
Date: Oct. 29, 2016
What is WriteAngles?Now in its 30th year, WriteAngles is Western New England’s premier conference by writers, for writers. At this one-day gathering, you’ll mix with experienced writers and agents in panel discussions, hands-on workshops, face-to-face meetings, and in casual networking opportunities. The affordably priced conference fee includes a continental breakfast and a bountiful buffet lunch. The conference is held in Mount Holyoke College’s gracious Willits-Hallowell Center in South Hadley, Massachusetts.
- Announcing our keynote speakers for 2016
- We have a date on October 29!
- Attention readers who knit and knitters who read!
- Congratulations to us — and you!
- Walk-ins welcome
- Agents slots filled, registration open
- Conference registration still open!
- Marika McCoola events
- Filling up fast!
- An interview with Susan Stinson
- An Interview with Cathi Hanauer
- An Interview with Martha Johnson
- An interview with Anna Bowen
- If you are mailing a check . . .
- An interview with Gabriel Squailia
Who we areWe are a group of writers living in Western Massachusetts, Southern Vermont, and thereabouts who organize and run the Write Angles conference on an entirely volunteer basis.
We are “budget-friendly”A few years ago our WriteAngles conference was featured in Writer's Digest "Conference Scene" as one of four "budget-friendly events." Our all-day conference, with continental breakfast and buffet lunch, is still quite a bargain at $100 in advance and $110 at the door (general admission), while full-time students and those age 65 and up pay only $80 in advance and $90 at the door.