Meet the Agent
Now that you’ve signed up for an agent meeting, here’s what you need to do next.
Click here to tell us when you’re able to meet.
If we want to have writers tell us when they’re available, then this sentence should link to a Google form that asks for their name, email address, and then asks them to select all dates/times they’d be available. If not — if we just want to make assignments based only on the agent’s availability — then you can delete this Step 1 entirely and simply start with the next step.Agent meetings will be scheduled on Zoom during the following dates and times (all Eastern Standard Time). Please select all the date/time blocks during which you would be able to meet.
- Sunday, March 31, 1-5 pm
- Monday, April 1, 2-6 pm
- Tuesday, April 2, 8 am-noon
- Wednesday, April 3, 2-6 pm
- Thursday, April 4, 8am-noon
- Friday, April 5, 2-6 pm
Prepare a query letter and the first five pages of your manuscript, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman font.
Your agent will read five pages, so polish your sample and make it as strong as you possibly can.
Include your query letter. A query letter helps agents understand your entire work and give you better feedback. They can also give you feedback on these pitch documents themselves, and tell you what would make your query letter stand out to them and their colleagues. You can find suggestions for writing a query letter here.
Use our Manuscript Checklist to ensure you have formatted your sample according to these guidelines:
- No more than FIVE (5) double-spaced pages of a fiction or nonfiction manuscript. Pages should be numbered, titled, in 12-point Times New Roman font, on 8.5 x 11–inch electronic pages, with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include your one-page query. The query may be single-spaced.
- Submit your query letter and manuscript pages in a single “.doc” or “.docx” document, which you can create in programs like Microsoft Word and Google Docs. Document examples could include the following:
- The title of the file MUST be your full name, e.g., ToniMorrison.doc. Files must end in a .doc or .docx extension.
Submit your Query Letter and Five Manuscript Pages
Prepare for and Attend Your Meeting
You will receive an email with your agent meeting time and ZOOM link by Friday, March 15, 2024.
On the day and time of your meeting, log in to Zoom using the link you received in that email. Contact the WriteAngles team at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP if you do you not receive your link(s)
The agent or a WriteAngles volunteer will conclude the discussion promptly after 15 minutes so that subsequent meetings may start on time.